A company of

Innovation has never been more moving.

Your productivity is our motivation, our solutions are your success. We create specially tailored, end-to-end concepts for industrial process automation. Elegant, precise and designed for the long term, our innovative solutions are deployed successfully around the world, adding new and sustainable value.

iSAM® software and services are the product of a dynamic team process. Always focused on your individual needs, our interdisciplinary team includes computer scientists, physicists, engineers and technicians as well as commercial and administrative experts.

Constant change, evolving demands and our own ongoing research are the forces that drive our technological leadership – and your success.

iSAM AG: Always in motion, always delivering results.

Our history

In 1983,
our former CEO, Dr. Jürgen Hellmich, founded EDV Jürgen Hellmich with an initial team of four employees. The first few projects involved the use of programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in the steel industry.

Two years later,
the company became iSAM Hellmich GmbH. “iSAM” is an acronym of “industrial software application manufacturing”.

In 1993,
iSAM Hellmich merged with software development company inma to form iSAM-inma Gesellschaft für angewandte Cybernetik mbH. Since then, iSAM has provided a comprehensive range of services for industrial process automation.

In 2002,
iSAM became a public limited company, providing the financial platform for subsequent expansion. The principal shareholder is iSAM Holding GmbH, whose shares are held by eight private investors, three of whom are members of the Executive Board.

In 2021,
HHLA AG, Germany’s largest port operator, acquires 80% of iSAM’s shares. The remaining 20% of the shares are still held by the shareholders Dr. Jürgen Hellmich, Bernd Jotzo and Bernd Mann.